If you are reinstallting an existing AMG server, you must first backup your info.
Backup the AMG Server:
- If you are installing on a new computer, you must request a new serial number from this link.
- Go to Tools - Database - Backup/Restore
- Select "Browse" at the top and pick where you want the information saved.
- Once you have choosen the destination, click Start in the middle of the screen.
5. Once the backup is complete, a prompt will appear confirming the back up. Click Ok.
6. Click Close to exit the Window.
Install the AMG Server:
- Open the folder from the USB stick or download link originally provided at time of purchase.
- Open the Server folder, then right click the setup file and select 'Run as administrator'.
- Follow the installation instructions
- When the installation is complete install the AMG client on the same or a different computer following this guide.
- Open the AMG Attendance System program and login. If it is a new server, the user name is "admin" and the password is "password".
- Register the software with your new serial number.
Restore the database:
For an existing database, you will now restore your previosuly saved data. Go to Tools - Database - Backup/Restore. Click the lower Browse button and select the saved folder. Follow the prompts then restart your software.