Before trying to access forecasting, make sure you have the module included in your package. Once you have launched the software, visit Help - About and look to confirm that our Punch Monitoring module is enabled.
Punch Monitor module allows for real-time monitoring of punches.
"Device Monitor" tab in General Settings
When using the Punch Monitor module, in General Settings the Device Monitor tab will appear, where settings must be configured in order to enable real-time monitoring of punches on the screen:
Below are the settings that should be configured:
- Device - Select the device to be connected to the monitor.
- Time - Select which time should be displayed on the monitor: Server time or Local computer time.
- Exit Password - Enter the password to be used for exiting from the Punch Monitoring screen.
- Display Duration (sec.) - Enter duration of displaying employee info on the monitor.
- Use Simple Layout - Choose this option if you want the monitor to only display the employee's photo and full name. Otherwise more info about employee will be displayed. (What particular info is being displayed on the screen will be described later.)
- Show duplicate actions - Choose this option if you want duplicate actions to be highlighted on the monitor. Note: this option can be checked only if using Simple Layout.
- Show Benefits - Choose this option if you want to display on the monitor the employee's benefit hours. Note: benefit hours cannot be displayed if using Simple Layout.
- Show Hours Summary - Choose this option if you want to display on the monitor the summary of hours worked in the current pay period. Note: summary of hours cannot be displayed if using Simple Layout.
- Show Action Log – Check this if you’d like to show the log of actions made on the device
- Color 1 - On the monitor two customizable colors can be used. Click on the color box to choose the first color. By default, it is light blue.
- Color 2 - On the monitor two customizable colors can be used. Click on the color box to choose the second color. By default, it is dark blue.
"Punch Monitoring” menu in Devices
When using the Punch Monitor module, in the Devices section the Punch Monitoring menu will appear, which should open the Punch Monitoring screen for displaying employee’s information after punching.
Below is the Punch Monitoring screen in the waiting mode.
After punching, on the Punch Monitoring screen the following info will be displayed:
- Employee Code and Full Name
- Headquarters, Division and Group
- Custom message for employee (if any)
- Schedule of the upcoming 7 days
- Last 3 transactions
- Total hours for current pay period
- Benefit hours
Below is the Punch Monitoring screen with employee info.