Alerts in AMG allow you to see warnings in the system for different issues. You can enable them in Tools - General Settings - Alerts. There are alerts that you can enable/disable for the list of items here:
The first options are warning if you haven't polled your timeclocks or backed up your database for the selected number of days.
- Failed transactions - if someone doesn't clock in successfully.
- Wrong transactions - if the employee's ID on the device doesn't match any badge numbers in the software.
- Employees who have no schedule - employee schedules are required. The schedule controls rounding, lunch/break rules in the timecard.
- Employees who have no wage - if wages are enabled in General Settings, every employee must have a wage and wage type (hourly, salary, calculated salary)
- Employees who have no benefits - benefit hours for categories such as Sick and Vacation are optional, but this alert will warn you if any employees have no benefits.
- Employees who have illegal code length - codes are configured to have a set number of digits. If an employee's code is the wrong length, you will receive a warning (you can fill codes with leading zeros)
- Employees who have illegal badge length - badges are configured to have a set number of digits. If an employee's badge is the wrong length, you will receive a warning (you can fill badges with leading zeros - this will be ignored by a timeclock device, so 0001 can just be 1 on a device)
- Jobs which have illegal number length - if Jobs/Dept Costing is enabled, Job numbers must have a set number of digits
- Departments which have illegal number length - if Jobs/Dept Costing is enabled, Department numbers must have a set number of digits
- Employees who didn't have any clock punches in last X days - This will warn you that an employee hasn't had any transactions for the selected number of days so you can set them to inactive
Alerts can be accessed from a home screen widget or from the bottom of the software:
For different alerts, you will be prompted with different actions to correct the issues.