Summary report gives you information about employees’ total worked hours and wages summarized by headquarters, divisions, departments, groups and jobs.
After choosing Summary report from the list of all available reports, in the middle part of the Reports Wizard screen appear some options for report configuration. Here you select any option you would like to apply to the report.
- On the first step of configuration, from the Calculate group box select Scheduled hours radio button, if you want to calculate scheduled hours, or select Actual hours radio button, if you want to calculate only actual worked hours.
- Select Include wages check box, if you want to include in the report the wages for calculated scheduled or actual hours.
- Select Include employees with 0 hours check box, if you want to include in the report also employees who have totally worked 0 hours for the selected time period.
- In the Group By group box you have options to group employees in the report by their Headquarters, Divisions (by employees), Divisions (by punches), Departments, Jobs or Groups.
- After the configuration, click on Next button and navigate to the second step where you can select Employees who should appear in the report. Before selecting employees, you can filter them by Status, Working Time and Employment Type. Also you can filter employees by headquarters, divisions, groups, departments and jobs, to which they are assigned.
- On the next step use Select Time Period fields to select the date range for which you want to generate the report. From the drop-down list select any of predefined options, like Today, Yesterday, This Week, etc., or select Custom option and enter a custom date range into Start and End date fields.
- If Pay Period time period is chosen, then choose the pay policy from Pay Policy combo box and enter how many pay periods you want to go back in the Pay Periods Back text box.
- Then use Order By fields to select how to order employees in the report. You can order employees either by code or name, and either ascending or descending.
- The Show Hours as decimals check box allows you to define how you want to display hours in the report: either in decimal format, or HH:MM format.
- On the next step use 5 Custom Fields to enter any custom information, which you want to be displayed at the end of the report.
- The below Add to Widgets button allows you to add the current report with the current configuration to the list of reports available in the Widgets.
- Once the necessary configuration is done, click on Generate button. As a result the report will appear on the screen.
- As the last option in this step you have the E-mail Report check box, which you should select if you want the report to be sent to any e-mail address right from the software. In that case you should also select those e-mail recipients who you want the report to be sent to.
In the header of the report is displayed the following info: company name and logo, report name, date range, ordering criteria, date and time of generating report.
In the body of the report is displayed the employee’s total worked hours and wages by headquarters, divisions, department, jobs and groups.
The list of total worked hours and wages includes the following information:
Grouping option name: Displays the grouping option name (headquarter, division, department, job, group), which you have selected from report configuration options.
Count: Displays the number of all employees in a selected group.
Hours: Displays the worked hours of all employees.
Money: Displays the sum of Money categories of all employees in a selected group.
REG: Displays all the employee’s regular hours.
OT1: Displays all the employee’s 1st level overtime hours.
OT2: Displays all the employee’s 2nd level overtime hours.
OT3: Displays all the employee’s 3rd level overtime hours.
Unpaid: Displays all the employee’s unpaid hours.
Total Paid: Displays total paid hours worked by employees.
Total: Displays total sum of employee’s paid hours (Money + REG + OT1 + OT2 + OT3).
Report Printing and Exporting Options
- Click on the Export Report icon in the upper left corner of the screen to export this report to a separate file, which can be in any of the following formats: .pdf, .xls, .xlsx, .doc, .rtf, .csv, .xml, .rpt
- Click on the Print Report icon to print the report.
- Use left and right arrows next to exporting and printing icons for navigating to next and previous pages of the report.