Running the program without admin permissions
Issue: I don't want to run the program as admin
- Install the client with Windows admin permissions (always required for installation)
- Delete the three AMGtime desktop shortcuts (you will need to make new ones)
- Browse to the installation folder. The default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\AMGtime\AMG Attendance System
- Delete the file (delete, don't move it somewhere): AMG Attendance System.exe.manifest
- Create new shortcuts for the features you want available to that user. Right click the following files, choose "Send to" and select Desktop (create shortcut):
Run program using your new desktop shortcuts.
- AMG Attendance System.exe = AMGtime (main program)
- AMG PC CLock.bat = PC Clock
- AMG Status Board.exe = Status Board
NOTE: AMGtime requires Windows admin permissions for all of its features to function. For example, the ability to poll clocks or run reports (including autoprocesses) may be affected. AMGtime can only provide technical support for clients that are running with Windows adminstrator permissions as intended.