Missing Punches report gives you detailed information about absences and missing punches of employees during the specified date range.
After choosing Missing Punches report from the list of all available reports, in the middle part of the Reports Wizard screen appear some options for report configuration. Here you select any option you would like to apply to the report.
- Put the check mark in the Missing Punches box, if you want to show in the report the missing punches of employees. Missing punch indicates that in the timecard either Clock In time or Clock Out time is missing.
- Put the check mark in the Absences box, if you want to show in the report the absences of employees. Absence indicates that in the timecard both Clock In time and Clock Out time are missing.
- If Missing Punches check box is selected, then you can put the check mark also in the Show punch transactions box, if you want to show in the report also all available punch hours.
- In the Group By group box you have options to group employees in the report by headquarters, divisions, groups, departments, jobs, or date, or not to group at all. If grouped by any of available options, you can also put a check mark in the Each group from new page box to see each group employees from a new page.
- In the Show Optional Fields group box put the check mark in the Show employee summary box, if you want to show in the report the summary for each employee separately. Summary includes the quantity of missing punches and absences.
- Put the check mark also in the Hide employee details box, if you want to show in the report only summary information about missing punches and absences, without showing the breakdown by days separately.
- After the custom configuration on the first step is done, click on Next button and navigate to the second step where you can select Employees who should appear in the report. Before selecting employees, you can filter them by Status, Working Time and Employment Type. Also you can filter employees by headquarters, divisions, groups, departments and jobs, to which they are assigned.
- On the next step use Select Time Period fields to select the date range for which you want to generate the report. From the drop-down list select any of predefined options, like Today, Yesterday, This Week, etc., or select Custom option and enter a custom date range into Start and End date fields.
- Then use Order By fields to select how to order employees in the report. You can order employees either by code or name, and either ascending or descending.
- As the last option in this step you have the E-mail Report check box, which you should select if you want the report to be sent to any e-mail address right from the software. In that case you should also select those e-mail recipients who you want the report to be sent to.
- On the next step use 5 Custom Fields to enter any custom information, which you want to be displayed at the end of the report.
- The below Add to Widgets button allows you to add the current report with the current configuration to the list of reports available in the Widgets.
- Once the necessary configuration is done, click on Generate button. As a result the report will appear on the screen.
In the header of the report is displayed the following info: company name and logo, report name, date range, ordering criteria, date and time of generating report.
In the body of the report is displayed the list of all missing punches and/or absences.
The wage breakdown includes the following information:
Code: Displays code of the employee.
Name: Displays name of the employee.
Date: Displays date of having missing punch or absence.
Day: Displays day of the week of having missing punch or absence.
Miss Type: Displays the type of missing punch. It can have 2 values: Absent or Missing.
Punch Transactions: Displays the available punch transactions in the rows where miss type is Missing. This column is optional and will appear only if Show punch transactions check box is checked.
Total section at the end of the report shows the total quantity of all missing punches and absences of all employees together.
Report Printing and Exporting Options
- Click on the Export Report icon in the upper left corner of the screen to export this report to a separate file, which can be in any of the following formats: .pdf, .xls, .xlsx, .doc, .rtf, .csv, .xml, .rpt
- Click on the Print Report icon to print the report.
- Use left and right arrows next to exporting and printing icons for navigating to next and previous pages of the report.